Friday, August 13, 2010

It's not the heat, it's the humidity

The muggy heat is draining and I can't seem to stay outside for any considerable length of time. And I like being outside.

I had to keep wiping the moisture from my lens. I do; however, like how the condensation makes it look faded around the edges of this picture.

This afternoon, the bees were all over the basil blooms. We have several basil plants and we let one bloom for the bees. Supposedly, the blooms make the leaves have a bitter taste. It might be true (and maybe it is just me) but I can't taste the difference between a bloomed basil leaf and an unbloomed basil leaf.

1 comment:

The Retired One said...

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard that expression over the last few weeks across the nation...very steamy everywhere! I too, have hibernated a lot and I love being out in the woods this time of year taking photos..its killing me not to go out there.