Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fall weather rocks!

Saturday's picture...

Got up early for what is now one of my most memorable runs. As I was running through the greens in the center of New Haven reveling in the cooler and relatively humidity free weather, a bird pooped on my arm. Bird poop is good luck (though I'm not sure why)! Then a homeless dude jumped up from his bench and started cheering me on and gave me a high five. I wonder if he knows how much that encouraged me and made me smile.

For the rest of the day, we walked to other parts of the Yale campus (I'm so impressed with the ice rink for the hockey team!); rode the bus to West Haven to attend the Italian Festival (OMG at the invention called 'fried dough'); came back to the New Haven to attend the Latino Festival (hilarious to watch all the people dancing); discovered a fabulous yogurt store (pay after you weigh); found a dim sum restaurant (dim some good dumplings!); and realized that I like to eat way too much (I run to eat).

Oh, New Haven, how I love your cooler temperatures and all your outdoor eating areas.

No comments: