Friday, January 13, 2012

13/366 Sunshine just heals the soul


Not to dwell on the whole "I had to have an unplanned gallbladder surgery"... but today was rather emotional for me. When I was in so much pain, I couldn't even begin to process the whole event. Now that it is over, I feel calmer and more appreciative of the little things.

It really does boil down to the little things.

Little things like just being able to lie down. Being able to take a deep breath (but don't ask me about coughing or sneezing yet).

My mother "babysat" for me today while my husband worked and we really talked. She wanted to see the four wounds on my abdomen. When I raised my shirt, she put her hands to her mouth with surprise. The swelling is better. The bruising isn't so nice.

But I know they will heal.

As we talked, I became overcome with emotion. There were several times that I was in so much pain that I truly thought it would be easier to just die (that does not mean that I wanted to die). I'm not a wimp with pain and not being able to get a grip on it scared me.

But that part of me is healing, too.

This afternoon, I walked around in the yard with the camera while Mili ran around yapping. The sun was shining. The cool wind was blowing.

While I am not well enough to crawl around on the ground with my camera yet, I am not frustrated. In time, that will heal, too.

No comments: