Sunday, January 29, 2012

29/366 "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ~ Mae West


As part of the Get Pushed Group, I was paired with basselal - a really nice guy with a very interesting photostream! I was really worried that he was going to challenge me to do some type of self-portrait but alas, he pushed me to do something that I've really not had the courage to do before.

Basselal's challenge: "So, my push for you, should you choose to accept it, is to take a street photography shot. I will narrow it down to 1) has to be in a urban environment, 2) has to include people (preferably candid...) and 3) since most street photography is in B&W, I would suggest that but not as a condition."

Pulling out my camera and taking pictures of strangers in an urban setting was actually a little nerve wracking and fun. We decided to grab some friends and head to Tallahassee, Florida so that we might actually be in an urban setting. There weren't a lot of people milling about but I was still able to get several pictures of street scenes.

I like the way the people at this table got lost in conversation. Street photography is something I need to learn more about and it is definitely more challenging than I first imagined. I hope this meets the challenge! I'd like to try this again on a more crowded street or a busier setting.

No comments: