Tuesday, April 10, 2012

101/366 Love and blooms


That orchid was bought on our honeymoon almost 8 years ago. I wish I could tell you that it blooms every year but that would not be accurate. Apparently, it blooms when watered regularly. Who knew?

So, last night I went to this art show because I entered two pieces (this and this). We walked around and looked at all the art work (there were over 400 entries). Then the man and I went to eat Indian food. When I got back to the car, I had a text from a friend that said one picture had won Honorable Mention and had sold! I would have stayed if I had thought I even had a chance for recognition but I really thought I was out of my league.

I'm still completely in awe.... and I'm not sure I deserve the recognition... I still have so much to learn!

No comments: