Sunday, October 14, 2012

288/366 Late lunch




In my world, Sunday means long run day.  These days,  I get up at 4 a.m. so I can eat a little breakfast and then I meet the girls at 6 a.m. to run.  Basically, I'm training for another marathon -- and I haven't even signed up for the race yet.  I'm not even sure I want to sign up for it.  I ran my first and only marathon last December and swore I'd never run another one.

Certain friends have reminded me of the text messages I sent out after finishing that run.  There may or may not have been some comparisons to child birth.  Without drugs.

But still, there is something that keeps pulling me towards doing another one.  I guess I will be trained and ready in the event I do make that leap again.  

My appetite has been voracious today.  My garmin shows that I burned over 3000 calories and I guess that could be one reason I'm hungry.  Truthfully, I'm almost always hungry.  Since I downed too many potato chips on the way home from the grocery store, I opted for a salad at home.

It is all about the balance, right?

No comments: