Sunday, October 28, 2012

299/366 An Empire State of Mind




While in NYC, there was a daily charge for use of the internet ($15 a day!).  I'm a cheapskate and I was not paying that much money for internet.  At the moment, I'm sitting at JFK hoping they don't cancel our flight... and using their free internet.

On Thursday, we traveled from New Haven to NYC.  After checking into the hotel, we walked around and shopped and talked and ate.

Originally, Dalton was going to stay with my niece but the hotel upgraded us to a bigger room and he got to stay with us.  It was a great room and only a couple of blocks from Central Park.

This picture reminded me of double exposed pictures.  I love the way Dalton was chilled out on his bed and I was snapping a picture of the office building that was the view from our room.  It was late on a Thursday night and people were still working.  I wanted to knock on the window and yell for them to go home -- but I'm sure they wouldn't have heard me.

No comments: