Saturday, April 20, 2013

109/365 Knocked down but getting back up again




Yesterday morning I woke my husband early because I had an African tribe doing a war dance in my head.  I don't remember ever having a headache so fierce before and I was unable to tolerate the light at all. All I could do was curl in a ball (as much of a ball as post-surgery would allow) and plead with the warriors to stop banging on their drums.

A little more than 24 hours has passed and finally it feels like the headache is moving out.  The doctor at the ER said it was probably a rebound headache from the pain meds.  Ironically, I hadn't taken many pain meds but I was gulping them down to get rid of the headache.

It made me want to say bad words.

I did take one picture through the window.  So this is it... the picture of the day -- a sweet cardinal as viewed through my headachey haze.

No comments: