Friday, March 16, 2012

76/366 Sunshine, happiness, and a backed up sewage line


First of all, it is Friday and I'm very, very happy about that. The weather has been getting warmer and warmer -- and so have some of the tempers I've dealt with at work. I've been doing more documenting of incidents than I care to remember. I've checked the sign regularly and though it feels like a looney bin the sign is adamant that we remain an elementary school.

Again, it is Friday! That and the sunshine make me just happy, happy, happy!

This afternoon, the sewage line for the school backed up and water sprayed like a poltergeist all over my bathroom and flooded my office and the office kitchen. We scrambled to move furniture and get a couple of boxes off the floor.

Does this upset me? Heck no! No one yelled. No one cried. No one had to be reprimanded. No conversations were held with the school lawyer. It just simply stunk like a mixture of diaper crud and fish guts (great smell to help curb the appetite!). AND when my husband asks me about my day, I get to say it was crappy. :)

Have a great weekend!

P.S. The picture is of the holly tree outside my office -- where it really stinks. I felt sorry for the maintenance guys having to deal with the mess on a Friday afternoon. At least the grass in that section will be fertilized now.

3 comments:

Christine C said...

What a way to end the week! The grand poopy finale!!

Beth said...

That was part of what made me laugh! The smell should really help the mood in some of the parent meetings I've had lately. :)

Mike said...

Nothing better than the smell of septic! yuk