Sunday, March 18, 2012

78/366 The welding ghost


As part of the Get Pushed Group, I was paired with Doug Mall - a really nice guy with a very interesting photostream! He gave me a really, really hard challenge (at least it was hard to me... the self-proclaimed slow learner).

And what was the challenge? "Using the Rear Curtain Flash mode of your camera, capture an image of motion that either 1) depicts something in your everyday life, seen from a different point of view (maybe using your fish-eye lens? different height?), or 2) depicts something that your students could identify with and immediately be able to identify motion in the photo. 3) Bonus points if you do both…! With as busy as you are, this photo may actually help you express that feeling too!"

I didn't get the bonus points because I didn't use any of the fun lens. It took me all day to figure out how to get my flash to fire in the rear curtain method. And then learning the technique of capturing motion with enough light but not too much light... I still stink at it! I took 142 pictures (I wish I were exaggerating) and I learned a LOT about what not to do. In hindsight, I probably spent way too much time trying to get my dog to cooperate.

So, in my everyday life... my husband working in his shop is a common sight. I included a couple more below.

I will definitely try this method again. Thanks, Doug, for the great big shove out of my comfort zone.


Mili's ghostly leg got in on the action.
You may not can tell, but that is our car going down the road.
And me! Jumping! Off camera, Mili was busy answer Nature's call.

No comments: