Thursday, August 23, 2012

236/366 A ginger ale kind of day




Last night, my mother, sister and I took our sweet Ms. Victoria out to dinner for her birthday.  Her husband died a little over a year ago and she is so lonely now.  We've sort of adopted her as part of the family.  Besides, she is from Germany and has the best accent and verbiage.  How could you not love someone who regularly uses the phrase "pussyfooted about"?

It was a lovely evening and she laughed and cried.

Whether it was food poisoning or just a virus, I can't be sure but I can tell you that it was a rough night last night.  Around 1:30 a.m., I put in for an absence and emailed my boss.  I can't remember the last time I had to take a sick day.

Fortunately, I now feel assured that I will live.  Ginger ale and toast are the best!  The skies have been green-gray (at least when I've been awake) and I find it comforting.

The best part of being sick is that it reminds me to appreciate feeling well.  And oh, how I appreciate feeling well.

No comments: