Sunday, August 26, 2012

239/366 "Twilight, a timid, fawn, went glimmering by, and Night, the dark-blue hunter, followed fast." ~ George William Russell




My youngest son called today and we had the nicest conversation.  He had just gotten back from being a leader on a college camping excursion on an organic farm.  He was in charge of activities and cooking vegetarian meals.  He had so much to talk about and I love that he will share so many details with me.

A little while later, my youngest step-daughter called from her house at college to talk to her dad about the job she has gotten.  She sounds very excited.

Later in the day, my oldest son hung out with my husband and me and chatted while we cooked and prepared dinner.

Then, my oldest step-daughter came over for dinner and she stayed and talked for a couple of hours hanging out with us in the backyard watching the sun set.

I love that I love the adults the kids have become. Sometimes there is so much depth in the most mundane moments.

There are many times that I miss them being little... but I have to remind myself that them turning into likeable and productive adults really was the goal.

2 comments:

Raisin67 said...

Wow. An awesome day! And I love your picture and quote to go with it. You are still the coolest person I know. Love you :)

Beth said...

Love you, too, Ms. Raisin!