Friday, August 24, 2012

237/366 "It's innocence when it charms us, ignorance when it doesn't." ~ Mignon McLaughlin




Best kid story of the day:

First thing this morning, I was summoned to one of the buses.

Ms. Bus Driver (fanning herself with a paper fan): "Whew!  I'm glad you could come!  These boys here are about to give me a headache."

Me: "What's going on?"

The bus driver proceeds to explain how the boys (who happen to be brothers) had been slapping and pushing each other around in a loud manner.  As I turned to give the boys my disappointed look, I noticed tears welling up in their eyes.

Me: "Now boys, when you are on this bus, Ms. Bus Driver has to be able to focus on safely driving this bus.  Do you think that you were behaving the way you should have been?"

Both boys shook their head side to side in unison.

Ms. Bus Driver: "That's right.  You have to be quiet and not making all them loud monster noises when I'm driving the bus."

Youngest Boy: "But I wasn't making monster noises.  Those were lion roars!"


Do you wonder how the insides of my cheeks got callused?  I have to bite them so often to not laugh at "inappropriate" comments.

No comments: