Tuesday, February 5, 2013

36/365 "Unbeing dead isn't being alive." e. e. cummings




I took the afternoon off at work today because I had to have blood drawn for my annual doctor's appointment next week.  The orders said, "Fast for 16 hours.  Nothing but water."

In hindsight, it probably wasn't wise to go for a run this morning -- on the morning I was all but starving to death.  By the time they drew the blood, I felt shaky.  Like I was getting ill.

Seriously.  Apparently, I get wimpy without food.

Afterwards, I met my husband at our favorite Indian restaurant.  Maybe what I really needed was just some coffee because when I got home, I curled up in the chair with the dog and slept hard for about an hour.

Upon awaking, I drank some coffee and went on some errands with the man.  We even stopped downtown and browsed through some vintage stores.

I've never had a problem with having blood drawn in the past so I'm going to blame it all on the lack of food.  And caffeine.

No comments: