Monday, February 18, 2013

48/365 Itchetucknee River




My husband and I drove to Ft. White, Florida to visit with some friends we haven't seen in 3 or 4 years.  They have a little house on the Itchetucknee River and it was a great backdrop for us to catch up with each other.

When I as a child and teenager, I floated down this spring fed river (think cold!) in an inner tube several times.  Then, I brought my children here several times when they were young.  I hope this river reminds them of happy times as it does for me.

As we went on a walk around the banks of the river, this quote came to mind: “Life is like the river, sometimes it sweeps you gently along and sometimes the rapids come out of nowhere.” Emma Smith

The day was filled with wonderful companionship and a lot of laughter -- a day of gentleness.

No comments: