Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29 ~ Lively




We were home for a snow day and the snow didn't happen.  Sleet and rain and then more sleet was the order of the day.

Oh well.  It could have been worse.  We could have been stuck in the worst traffic jam in Atlanta's history.

Since there is ice on the roadways (or at least that is what they are saying), and the temperatures will be below freezing through the night, WE GET ANOTHER SNOW DAY!

In the past, we've gotten Hurricane Days (we are right on the Florida border), Rain Days (floods are no fun), and Smoke Days (when the Okefenokee Swamp was burning) but this is the first time in my life I've ever gotten snow days.  Perhaps I should call them Ice Days.

Julia and I lounged about in pajamas.  She wore her happy and energetic bunny slippers with the ears that pop up when she walks.  Yeah... the dogs love them.  And I finished reading one book and made significant progress in two others.

I'm so excited about another day of being trapped at home.  I do hope all the people stuck in their cars and on the road north of us get somewhere safe and warm.

No comments: