Wednesday, July 2, 2014

7/2 ~ The Essentials


Tomorrow starts my ten day travels.  I've been ridiculous with the lists of what to pack and coordinating clothing items so that I am only using my carry on luggage.  Can we say OCD?  I am packed and feel so accomplished.  Perhaps I should film a YouTube video. There is even room for more stuff which means hello shopping.

I did make the decision to leave the big camera and accessories at home.  The point and shoot will be just fine.  Plus, it is a lot lighter.

Tomorrow, I will be leaving with some friends to stay with my step-daughter in Atlanta because we are running the Peachtree Road Race together on Friday.  Excited!  After the race, I will get showered and rush to the airport to meet my mom and my sister to fly to Boston.   After a few days in Boston, we will hop over to NYC for the remainder of the trip. My mom just turned 70 and this was what she wanted to do to celebrate.

It has been a long time since my sister and I vacationed with our mother alone but we are pumped about showing her around NYC.  Boston will be new to all of us.  The only downside is that I have never been away from my husband that long.  I'm sure we will survive but I know I'm going to miss that man.

No comments: