Monday, July 2, 2012

184/366 "Books are the ever burning lamps of accumulated wisdom." ~ George William Curtis




The Macro Monday theme on Flickr today was Lamps.  Not a complicated theme -- but leave it to me to change that.

Several weeks ago, I found this link about how to hollow out a light bulb.  I saved it as a project for another day.  When I saw the lamp theme (and oh how I love a theme to help me think of something... anything... for a photograph), I knew I had the chance to use my hollowed out bulb idea.

Any project that involves power tools, goggles, and gloves = awesome fun!  Thanks to the man for helping me with the drilling.

Truthfully, I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with the hollowed out bulb but why let that get in the way of power tools?  After the bulb was sufficiently hollow (so much harder to do than the website lets you think), I set out to take some pictures.

Thinking of this quote, I grabbed some little books and then strung up some lights for some bokeh in the background.  I carefully set the bulb on the book and took one picture.

One picture is all I took.  It was at that moment that I spazzed out about the dog's incessant barking and I jumped up to fuss at her.  The bulb crashed off the books and broke.  I could just cry on your shoulder...

That was a lot of work for one picture.  One darn picture.

Maybe I'll hollow out another bulb on another day.  Today, I am going to make do with one picture.

No comments: