Wednesday, July 25, 2012

207/366 Reflections of a zealot



After work, I hurried to the vet to pick up Mili.  She has an ear infection and she wants to scratch her ears in the worst way.  Her gimpy back legs just won't cooperate.

As soon as I got in, I rushed to get changed into my running clothes.  Most of my runs are in the very early morning.  Wednesdays are different because I meet a friend after work at a local track so that we can work on speed work.

I snapped this picture right after I got dressed.

My husband and his business partner were discussing work when I came out to grab my keys.
"Do you know that it is 100 degrees (38 for my Celsius friends) out there?"

Actually, I had checked and I let them know that it was really only 98 degrees (37 Celsius).  I didn't say anything about the 105 heat index (41 Celsius).

They don't understand that we really don't set lofty goals.  In fact, our main goal in the summer is this: Try not to die.

This is me.
And my reflections in the bathroom mirrors.
Ready to not die.
Now You Workshop
Summer 2012
This week's focus: Reflections

No comments: