Thursday, July 26, 2012

208/366 "Work harder to appreciate your ordinary day." ~ Gretchin Rubin




A quick picture snapped on the way to work this morning.  I love my new job as the assistant principal and I find that I am looking forward to going to work more than I have in years.  If I had known that taking a step back would be so liberating, I would have done it a couple of years ago.

After the announcements were made this past spring, several people called, emailed, and talked to me about how brave it was for me to step back.  And to think that I was worried that it would be seen as a cowardly move.  Now I realize that I faced my unhappiness and I did something about it.

I'm so much happier moving back to the assistant principal's position than I was when I was named the principal.  Ahhhh.....

No comments: