Wednesday, November 28, 2012

333/366 Happy!




There has been a lot to smile about lately.  A friend was able to adopt a baby.  Another friend who had just adopted two little boys found out that she was pregnant.  Every day this week, I've been teaching a Holocaust lesson to the 5th graders and I love getting to connect with these students.

Then there is the Hump Day fun.

Each Wednesday evening, I meet my running partner for speed work at a local track.  I'm such a morning person and most afternoons I'm dragging.  Still, I get excited about running on Wednesday because we always have so much to talk about.

We used to run a one mile warm up but now we run a two mile warm up.  I don't exactly remember why we changed it, but I glad we did because it gives us more conversation time.  Once the speed laps begin, we are running too hard to be able to talk.  In between laps, we are simply panting trying to catch our breath.

Then we run a mile cool down lap so we can end the run talking again.

I love Wednesday evenings!

No comments: