Wednesday, January 9, 2013

9/365 Back to good




This afternoon marked my first pain-free run outside since the marathon last month that wreaked havoc on my IT band.  And it made me extremely happy to be able to run outside again.

I've been resting... and doing the stretches... and working on building up some strength in some specific muscles.  Oh, and I ordered some awesome shoes that are supposed to help.

Sometimes it takes a setback to appreciate what you have.

On a different note, the kids came back today from their Christmas holiday.  We had several new students to enroll.  Two of those students are students with hearing impairments.  Be still my heart!  They are absolutely precious.  I've already learned a few signs -- thank you, bathroom, and seventeen.  I'm not sure why she wanted me to know 17 but I know it now.

No comments: