Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1/365 A new year begins




Day 1

The new year is already under way and is promising to be a great one.  I'm actually not a fan of resolutions (a firm resolve to do or not do something) but I do believe in setting goals (the object of a person's efforts).  Here is the plan for this year.

*Another 365 project.  I'm just going to keep on keeping on.

*Run 1000 miles. Since I'm still recovering from a knee injury, this makes me realize that I need to focus on some stretches and strengthening of certain muscles.  I think I will just aim for 1000 miles and then be ok with it if I don't quite make it.

*Read 60 books. I love to read.

*Learn how to use Photoshop.  I have the program and it makes no sense to me.  I suppose it will be a good program if I can ever figure out the specifics.  I've already found a class that I can take to teach me the basics.

*Write.  I would love to write a book one day but I know it'll never happen if I don't start trying.

*Start a book club.  Just because I've always wanted to be in one.  And I love to read and then talk about what I read.

*Clean out the clutter.  I am so much happier in my home when there is a place for everything.

*Learn sign language.  I've always wanted to learn sign language -- and now that two students who use sign language will be attending my school beginning next week, I am much more motivated to learn.

I know I've set some goals that will push me... but I am ready to be pushed.  The first three goals are just a continuation of what I'm already doing -- so they really aren't a stretch for me.  As for the others, I'd rather be challenged and miss the mark than just to aimlessly exist (I've been guilty of that for far too long).

1 comment:

Carma Sez said...

I'll be interested in hearing about your progress w/sign language. I am hearing impaired and wish I could pick it up easier. Took a class many years ago and I struggled w/it :-(