Monday, July 19, 2010

Another clean slate

My favorite time of the year is when I get to go back to school and start making plans for the upcoming school year. I'm so excited about the kids coming back (I've really missed them!)! Due to the economy (and lack of money), we are sticking with the Western theme for another year.

Still, I have so many ideas rolling through my head. I'm thinking about starting a Photographer's Club that could meet a few times a month to take pictures for the Yearbook Committee. Also, I'm working on pulling in some new technology for the Technology Club (ning!).

This summer, one of the books I've been reading was The Happiness Project. Now, I've gotten this wild hair to start a school-wide happiness project. Basically, it would borrow (and twist) some ideas from the book. Throughout the year, the focus could be on getting rid of clutter, being positive (no complaining!), and building real relationships. It can't be a bad idea to be nice to others, can it?

So, to all you teachers out there.... any input?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photo! Sorry i haven't been around... been going through a funk but i think i am actually getting back into it! Hope all is well!

kippy said...

great idea, beth!

kippy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cheatymoon said...

I need to read that book. I still have a month of summer left...

xo

CiCi said...

Sounds like you have been gathering some great ideas for the coming school year. When my kids were very young school kids each kid made a round face and did self portraits and their names were very visible with a black marker. The faces were on the walls in the library area of the school. Each book the kids read and could write enough about the book to show they did indeed read it, they got another smaller circle. So eventually they would end up each one a book worm, the length of work depended on how many books they read. My kids still talk about how much they enjoyed that, and it was a turning point for my son who didn't care for reading until that.