Thursday, July 29, 2010

Layers

I'm exhausted. We found out last week that we have to move two classrooms from one portable into another portable (don't ask why as it is way too complicated). So, today was moving day. Those teachers have so much stuff! And neither one of them were there to move - though they do have to unpack all that stuff.

Then a parent came in and took one hour and ten minutes to fill out a two page registration form. Seriously, I think my kids filled out college applications faster. My secretary and I got the giggles because it was taking so long. Then we had to act like *other* things were funny.

The best part of the day was going to give blood in honor of two kids in our community with leukemia. One is a student at my school. There was a tremendous turn out and it took a long time to move through the line. It was so worth it!

4 comments:

The Retired One said...

Love your photo...the perspective is really neat. I wonder if the person filling out the registration form has a hard time reading or writing...a lot of parents aren't very educated.

cheatymoon said...

I hate moving classrooms - it's like moving house!

I had the same thought - parent maybe didn't have very good literacy skills? Or executive functioning?

Beth said...

Oh, the parent was too busy making comments about the form. Her reading and writing skills were fine. Apparently, her commenting skills are fine, too.

CiCi said...

The tired tree is still hanging in there, get it, hanging in or should I say hanging on. I don't know if I have seen bark like that. I hope the child at your school with leukemia is responding to treatment and can be a healthy kid some day.