Friday, December 14, 2012

349/366 Emotional




Yesterday, I held a child who had a relative who had been shot.  Murdered. Leaving that child in a world-spinning situation.

School was his safe place.

There are no words for what happened today in that elementary school in Connecticut.

My emotions have bubbled inside my chest.  Pressed against my eyes.  Settled in my throat.

Once home, I searched for a way to capture a picture that summed up the day.  And I can't.

As I stood in the dining room, I saw this picture of my mother-in-law (may she rest in peace) and it made me smile.

Life is short -- sometimes shorter than it should be.  Life is often unfair.  But all in all, life is still good.

Right now, my heart just aches for the families of Sandy Hook Elementary.  May they find peace as they heal from this tragedy.

School should have been their safe place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having a hard time keeping it together this weekend. Wondering what going to school will be like tomorrow.

xo