Monday, December 31, 2012

366 Adios 2012




Ah... 2012 is basically in the books, eh?  A few goals were made on New Year's Day for the year and I think I did alright.

Goal 1 - Do another 365 Project.  Check!  In addition, I signed up for some awesome photography classes and I did learn a few things -- though I still have a lot to learn.

Goal 2 - Run 1000 miles.  Check!  As of this morning, I ran 1054 miles.  Over the course of this year, I ran 2 half marathons and one full marathon.  I'm glad I like running (at least most days) because I've dedicated a lot of time to it.

Goal 3 - Read 50 books.  Check!  I actually went crazy with this one and read 112 books.  Some were short.  Some were not.  Some were great.  Some were awful.  But I read and I read and I read -- and I stopped watching some stupid stuff on the TV.

Goal 4 - Wear more orange.  This is a hard one as I actually don't have any data to support this.  I did buy two pairs of orange shoes and an orange dress this year so maybe I wore more orange.  Maybe.

Overall, 2012 was a big year for me.  I did these things and more: survived gall bladder surgery (and being in the hospital for 4 days); changed my eating habits and became vegan; got up enough courage to take a step back at work; changed schools along with that new position; had two kids graduate from college; traveled to New York and New Haven and Florida; helped run a campaign for a friend (and he won!); and spent a lot of time eating, talking and visiting with friends and family.

2013... I'm ready for you!

No comments: