Wednesday, December 26, 2012

361/366 Hickcockian Moment


A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that some large hawk-like birds have begun to roost on a cell phone tower.  I pass this tower in route to and from work but haven't been able to stop to take any pictures.

Today, Mallory and I drove out to the tower and braved the cold wind (it has been super windy today).  There were lots of birds on the tower and circling around us.  I took a few pictures but wasn't able to get as close as I would like since that cell phone tower was so very tall. 

At one point, Mallory asked if I thought they knew we were looking at them.  Judging by the amount of bird crap on my car, I would say yes.  

I have no idea what specific kind of bird this was.  I don't think it was a hawk since they tend to be loners.  There were at least 50 birds on the tower and circling around.  Maybe more.  Perhaps a falcon?  




This was as close and clear as I could get without my tripod and in the wind. 

No comments: