Wednesday, December 19, 2012

353/366 Healing moments




After work, Drew and I drove the 2 hours to the airport in Jacksonville, FL to pick up Dalton.  I was standing next to Drew watching the passengers file out into the atrium when I saw Dalton -- and was immediately overcome with emotion.

The tears welling up in my eyes and the tightness in my chest surprised me... and confused the boys.  I'm just not the mother who typically cries.  They hugged me and laughed.  And I laughed, too.

We went to a nearby Thai restaurant and talked and laughed and ate a delicious meal.  On the way home, I sat in the back seat -- content and listening to the boys banter back and forth with the sound of Drew's jazz music selections from his iPod playing in the background.

That moment, that music, and that much needed comfort being close to family brings will forever be written on my soul.

No comments: