Sunday, November 10, 2013

314. Clementine


Last night, the man and I realized that we had nothing on the agenda for Sunday.  Let that sink in for a moment.  An actual day of rest with no expectations at all.

We were positively giddy.

The morning started off well.  Pajamas.  CBS Sunday Morning.  Coffee.  Breakfast.  Reading.

Then I decided to go for a run.

About a half mile into the run, I was suddenly knocked to the ground by an excited puppy.  Not realizing the dog was behind me, it totally caught me off guard and I screamed.  The dog jumped on me and started licking me and jumping around in utter happiness.

I got up and started to run again.  Apparently that was code for continue jumping and being excited.  The dog followed me for over 2 miles finally ending back at my house.

There may or may not have been some bonding going on during that time.

Her ribs are showing.  There is an injury on her right shoulder.  She is somewhat mangy and is covered in a rash under her legs and on her abdomen.

Mili hates her and she snaps at her and her playful ways.  We aren't sure what we are going to do with her.  The last thing we need is another dog.

We've been calling her Clementine.

No comments: