Friday, November 29, 2013

332. Thankful



Flight delays can stink but my sister and I decided to have fun while waiting at the airport.  We made up crazy stories about the various people also waiting for loved ones to arrive.  At times, we were hysterically laughing.  Just like we used to do when we were kids.  Sleep deprivation may have played a part.  We weren't mean -- just silly.  It was 3:30 a.m. before we got home.  But we had Drew home in time for Thanksgiving.

Just a few hours later, we gathered at my grandparent's farm for a huge Thanksgiving meal.  The weather was cold and the sky was blue -- perfect weather to walk about in after the feast.

We didn't get my grandfather in the picture because he had gone to take a nap.  There was some discussion of gathering around his bed to take a picture while he slept but that got voted out.  Thankfully.

It was a wonderful day with the family.  So happy to have both my boys home.  For a little while.

No comments: