Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Christmas Spectacular (Day 2 of our NYC Family Trip)

Sunday's picture (12/19/10)

We started the day early and headed by subway (awesome!) to Radio City Music Hall to see The Christmas Spectacular. I love the way this fabulous building is decorated and it is especially amazing during Christmas! The Rockettes were impressive!

After the show, we went to the Top of the Rock to get a great view of the city - especially Central Park. Once we were back on the ground, we all headed over to the park and just strolled around a bit. There was a cool little bazaar going on and it was a fun to take in the banter.

Jeff's cousin, who lives on the west side of Central Park, fixed lunch for us. We spent the afternoon visiting and drinking much Prosecco. Afterwards, we traipsed through the Museum of Modern Art.

That evening, we met up with my fabulous niece for dinner at John's Italian Restaurant on 12th Street. It was just like stepping into the 1940s (though the restaurant has been open since 1908) and the food was amazing! We then strolled around for just a block or two and had dessert at an old Italian bakery (I wish I could remember the name - but it opened in 1904) that was fabulous!

We probably should have rolled home as we were all so full...

1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

I grew up in metro NYC and we went into the city every Christmas season for Rockettes and/or FAO Schwartz. Haven't been in almost 20 years, which is now weird, since my ex-husband lives there and my son has visited and knows the city now better than I do...

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to go during the holidays.

Merry Christmas, Beth!! xo