Tuesday, February 14, 2012

45/366 Only the strong can survive


For the most part, I really do take my camera with me everywhere. This was the view on the way to work this morning. Breathtaking! A few minutes later, a great big rainbow came out, too. It was a great start to a cold, rainy and wild day!

There were several really fabulous conversations with kids but my favorite was this one.

Why walk when you can run 1st grader (holding out a card): "Mrs. Lind! I made a Valentine for you but I didn't know how to spell your name. My mom said to do my best and that is what I did."

Me (receiving Valentine and noticing that he had spelled my name MRS. LEAN): "Aw! You are so sweet! And you got the name exactly right!"

Why walk when you can run 1st grader (beginning to jump up and down): "And I know that there is another one of you but he walks like this (demonstration begins) and he looks at us like this (continuation of demonstration) and he is the boy principal. I made him a card, too."

Me: "If you want, I can take it and give it to him."

The envelope read "To the boy principal." I've been calling my assistant principal the "boy principal" all day. :)

Whew! Survived another National Sugared-Up Kid Day!

1 comment:

Christine C said...

I love this! Great picture and great story about your 'boy principal'! haha How did I miss this post??