Monday, February 20, 2012

51/366 Better than the radio


As part of the Get Pushed Group, I was paired with Memotions - a really nice lady with a very interesting photostream! She must know that I have a hard time sitting still because she pushed me to do just that. I really need to go thank her because it was so nice to actually slow down.

And what was the challenge? "I can tell that you are a nature lover, but how about taking a stab at some birds.....up close and personal, if possible. You live in an area where varieties abound, so sit yourself down, set a spell and start shooting them."

As I said earlier, sitting down and just chilling in the yard was the hard part. There was that and then getting the dog to quit barking and chasing away the birds. I finally put her inside and just sat in the middle of the yard with a book and my camera. When no birds fluttered my way, my sweet husband came out and refilled the bird feeder and spread some sunflower seeds around.

After a little time, they began singing and flitting all about. This bird -- some kind of warbler, I think -- just made me so happy with his singing.

Thanks, Patty, for the push! I still want to be able to capture some hummingbirds like yours when they come back from their winter in the south.

No comments: