Thursday, February 23, 2012

54/366 If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...


Then it must be a duck!

My sweet husband has recently taught himself how to weld. He has made several things but this project is just for me. For most of my married life, I've wanted a pet chicken. Despite my begging and pleading, he has calmly said no -- instead deciding to make a metal chicken to satisfy my love of the feathered fowl. As the project progressed, the bird began looking rather duck-ish. This past weekend, I had the talk with the husband that the bird was not a chicken but was definitely a duck - and I love that funky duck. Since then, several people have come over and commented on the duck in the garage. :)

I love being right!

When the duck is finished, I'm having a duck naming party. Suggestions are welcomed.

No comments: