Sunday, May 6, 2012

127/366 Bird by bird



Several months ago, I read a book about writing called Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.  When she was a child, her brother had a huge project about birds due the next day that he'd neglected to do when it was initially assigned months earlier.  His dad sat him down and told him to just start working bird by bird.

I'm using that same advice in trying to accomplish all that has to be done as the school year winds down.  Bird by bird.

And I'm remember to savor some of the sweet moments life has to offer -- such as sitting in the yard with the husband after a long run with friends.  I haven't put my husband on my "to do" list but I probably should.

Have a happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the dad's advice: "bird by bird." Simple really, but some people get so overwhelmed, they don't stop and think about doing something a wee bit at the time will accomplish more than doing nothing.