Tuesday, May 22, 2012

143/366 "Once upon a time, there was a woman who discovered she had turned into the wrong person." ~ Anne Tyler




Today was the last day of school with the teachers.  I still have a few more weeks of work but since I won't be in my position next year, I worked hard to get my stuff packed so that the new principal can move into the office.

There were a few emotional moments but in the end there was an immense satisfaction in moving the packed boxes to my new school.

During my six years as the principal, I've learned a lot of things and I've taken a lot of advice.  Several years ago, my boss told me I needed to get thicker skin -- and I did.  While my skin was thickening, I learned I didn't like who I was becoming.

I am ready for this move back to the assistant principalship.  I am ready to get back to me.

No comments: