Tuesday, May 15, 2012

136/366 You know what?




I got to take the top readers from each grade level to lunch today and it was awesome!  The Kindergartener sitting next to me said, "You know what?" about 3,247 times.  She talked so much that I had to get her lunch to go -- but she knew a lot of things (especially about Junie B. Jones).  According to her, reading can do that for you.

While we were at the restaurant, I ran into the mother of a student I taught.  He is the father of a little girl who is going into Kindergarten this coming up year.  That kid was a real challenge -- and fortunately for him, I liked challenges.  I remember that he liked to share a lot of things in that same "You know what?" manner as the Kindergartener sitting next to me.  

I'll bet his daughter says, "You know what?" all day long.

Working with kids is the best job in the world!

No comments: