Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Don't cry because it is over. Smile because it happened.

We've had an awesome two days. Today, we spent the day at Universal Studios. During the heat of the day, we went to City Walk to see a movie (Toy Story 3D). In the movie, the kid is about to go away to college. It was fitting as that will be the scene at my house in a couple of months.

It made me realize that I am so fortunate to have had this time with my son - and that he so willingly lets me tag along with he and his girlfriend. I think I needed this time together more than he did.

On a different note, a parent I know is going through a very difficult time. Her little girl (Elizabeth) has cancer and is a very sick child. There have been many ups and downs - and right now they are needing our healing thoughts and prayers.

I pray that they get to see Elizabeth graduate from high school. I pray that this mother has to worry about her child going off to college. I pray that this cancer will one day be a distant memory.

3 comments:

Pseudo said...

In my prayers as well now.

Anonymous said...

This is an all too common occurrence. They are in my thoughts.

CiCi said...

I am so sorry to hear of Elizabeth fighting cancer. Her family must be so stressed.